I got a book for my birthday titled, 52 Lists for Happiness, **(I’ll post the link for the book below)**, and it has sparked all these thoughts about things that I honestly haven’t given any thought to lately. There are times, well most of the time, where I just feel unhappy or stuck in a season. This causes me to stray away from what makes me happy and it causes me to just be ungrateful. NOW, I hope I am not the only one who feels this way, but I think there are several reasons for this feeling… (I’m trying to be as blunt as possible)
- I don’t always remind myself of the things that make me most happy. Honestly, when you are constantly reminding yourself of the things that make you genuinely, heart warming, happy… you will be happy! That’s just how it works.
- I don’t always thank God for the things that he has given me. I mean, I feel like I do every other day, but not 24/7. This is a problem, because truly, we as selfish human beings, forget all that Christ has done for us. Our father sent down his one and only son to die on a cross FOR OUR SINS and we sit over here just asking God for more of this, or for someone to love us more, or for something to go our way INSTEAD of thanking him for his unfailing love, compassion, and mercy. The cool thing about it though, is that God knows that. He knows our selfish hearts and we honestly just have to work on it every single day, every minute, every hour, just thanking him for all that he has given us and has blessed us with. Once we fully understand this, we will have a happier, grateful heart.
- I don’t always remind myself of how blessed I am to have certain people in my life, like my close friends and family. Once again, because we are selfish human beings, we tend to be so ungrateful and we take everyone who we love for granted, even the simple things we have and need in life like water, food, and common courtesy. I believe once we stop taking the ones we love for granted, and start living a GRATEFUL and THANKFUL life, we will be 100 times happier.
I challenge you to ask yourself these questions,
- What makes you happy?
- What are you thankful for?
- Who means the most to you?
- Have you told the people you love lately that you love them?
So, for these questions I really want you to think about it. Don’t just write something topical down, truly get down to the truth. I promise you will benefit from this! SO, right now, thank God for everything he has given to you, taken from you, and thank him for his constant, unfailing love and mercy!
Lamentations 3:22-23 ||Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Link for the book!