Taking a little turn with this topic because I so strongly believe in it.
The topic of self-love, self-esteem, confidence, IS SO IMPORTANT. I am a huge advocate for loving who God has made you be and accepting that your differences make YOU BEAUTIFUL.
Hence why I wanted to join this movement and help with building the idea of self-love and self-confidence.
I am not perfect and I’m not trying to be, I honestly have zero intentions of reaching that standard. At the end of the day, I am the only one who can truly make myself happy. Other people may make me “feel” happy, but those are just fleeting “feelings.”
Some days are better than others, I am sure you all can agree with me on that. But when we have those “bad” days, we have to remind ourselves that that does not define our image and that does not have to be our label.
Filling your mind with positive affirmations and building yourself up in so important. It is so easy to let your mind be mean to yourself. How we treat ourselves carries onto how we treat others as well. If we are constantly doubting ourselves, beating ourselves up for our “flaws” and “insecurities” than it is possible we are doing the same to our friends and family. What we really believe shapes what we actually say, both to ourselves and to others.
I am one to compare myself to every single girl on Instagram who, in my mind, is “110% better than anything I could ever be or become.” At that moment everything I know to be true slips away, why? It’s our flesh. We are prone to bring ourselves down when we see something that we do not have or see all the ways we fall short. That’s a constant battle we have to fight every day.
Part of me wants to blame past relationships, not being seen as worthy to some, not being “good enough” for some, but then I realize that I shouldn’t even allow that to affect how I view myself. Just because I wasn’t what someone wanted isn’t my fault or my problem.” At the moment it hurts more than anything, but they do not define who I am. God defines who I am. Same goes for you who are reading this.
Self Reflecting Questions:
- Where/who is your faith in? Where/who do you look to for comfort?
- Do you often find yourself questioning your worth/purpose? Do you find yourself comparing yourself to other people on social media?
- Do you honestly think you are good enough right now at this moment? If you answered no, why do you feel like you aren’t good enough?
- When you look in the mirror at the beginning of the day do you immediately speak truth over your life (example: I am worthy, I am good enough, I am beautiful, I am going to conquer today)? Or do you speak negatively about yourself (example: I wish I looked like _____, today is going to be horrible/today is not going to be my day, I am unworthy of love)?
- What are ways YOU can do to remind yourself of your beauty and worth? (I personally like writing encouragement for myself on post it notes and leave them up in my room.)
To wraps things up (because I truly could go one forever) you are truly beautiful and unique in the eyes of God and to me. When you find yourself doubting your worth, your beauty, or your purpose…pray, cry, yell out to God to remind you of his love for you and his purpose for your being here.